Decisions on visa refusal can be taken in the following cases:
1) there is a threat to national security and public safety;
2) there is a threat to public health, protection of rights and lawful interests of Ukrainian citizens and other persons who reside in Ukraine;
3) there is information about a foreigner or stateless person in the database of individuals who are banned from entering Ukraine or temporary restricted in their right to leave Ukraine, according to legislation;
4) it is established that the submitted passport of a foreigner or stateless person is falsified, damaged or does not conform with the established design, or belongs to a different person;
5) the applicant knowingly provided untrue information or other falsified documents;
6) a foreigner or stateless person does not possess valid health insurance when it is possible to obtain health insurance policy on the territory of the country where the corresponding visa request has been made;
7) a foreigner or stateless person has not demonstrated financial sufficiency for the period of intended visit and return to the country of origin, or transit to a third country, or the possibility to legally obtain sufficient financial means on the territory of Ukraine;
8) there is no evidence confirming the purpose of intended stay in Ukraine of a foreigner or stateless person;
9) there are no documents enabling to establish the intention of a foreigner or stateless person to leave Ukraine prior to visa expiration;
10) an applicant requests termination of visa application review.
In the event of visa refusal, a foreigner and stateless person shall be informed about the grounds for refusal, and a stamp shall be placed in his/her passport about visa refusal, with date and signature of the authorized person, attested by a seal. The form of a decision about visa refusal shall be established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
In case of visa refusal, a foreigner or stateless person may submit a repeated visa request.
A foreigner or stateless person who were refused a visa can appeal the decision to the authorized body that considered visa application by presenting letter of appeal with corresponding proof requesting reconsider the visa request. Letter of appeal shall be submitted within two months period of the date of visa refusal.