Ukraine: Entry Procedures
Regular flights between Ukraine and Cyprus have not been restored (information is constantly updated, please follow the changes on our website).
Cyprus Airways operates flights Larnaca-Kyiv-Larnaca
COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine (current information about coronavirus and quarantine)
As of January 15, 2021 Cyprus is a RED ZONE
All foreigners have to have a relevant insurance policy (certificate) to cover the costs relating to COVID-19 treatment and observation. Entering Ukraine without an insurance policy is prohibited.
The insurance policy (certificate) must be issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with a partner insurance company in Ukraine (assistance), and cover the costs related to the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and be valid during the period of a person's stay in Ukraine (can be ordered online, search via the Internet: "travel insurance policy buy online COVID Ukraine")
The country from which you are travelling will dictate whether or not you are required to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival in Ukraine.
Citizens arriving from "Green Zone" countries will not be required to undergo self-isolation. All such citizens could stay in country being visited only if they have Health Insurance Certificate covering COVID-19 treatment and observation. The insurance policy must be issued by a company registered in Ukraine*.
The "red zone" consist of countries where COVID-19 cases numbers in the last 14 days are higher of cases numbers in Ukraine.
Also, those countries where was increased more than 30% of new cases in the last 14 days compared to the last two weeks.
The list of such countries will be reviewed by the Ministry of Health every 7 days.
The fact that a citizen has a certificate of COVID-19 ANTIBODIES does not relieve him of the need to undergo COVID-19 testing using the PCR method after crossing the state border or undergoing an observation if the citizen has arrived from a country entering the “red zone”.
Persons who cross the state border of Ukraine should install app "Vdoma" and can choose one of three options:
1. Observation in specialized isolators;
2. 14 days self-isolation at the place of residence for persons who have agreed to undergo it using the "Vdoma" mobile app;
3. Pass the COVID-19 test using the PCR method after crossing the state border.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated July 22, 2020 No. 641 (taking into account the changes dated September 28, 2020), self-isolation is not subject (if there is no reason to believe that the following persons were in contact with a person with COVID-19) :
1. persons under 12 years old
2. persons arriving in Ukraine for the purpose of studying at higher education institutions;
3. persons who are citizens (subjects) of states with a wide spread of COVID-19 and have not been on the territory of such states within the last 14 days or are sent through the territory of Ukraine in transit and have documents confirming travel abroad within two days;
4. employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states, representations of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families;
5. drivers and crew members of freight vehicles, buses carrying out regular transportation, crew members of air and sea, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
6. instructors of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO Partnership for Peace program who participate in training activities for the units of the Armed Forces;
7. cultural workers at the invitation of a cultural institution, together with one person, accompanies each of them;
8.persons transporting hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation
9.persons who test negative for COVID-19 by the polymerase chain reaction method, which is carried out no more than 48 hours before crossing the border