According to existing law of Ukraine citizens of minor leave Ukraine having a child’s travel document issued for children under the age of 18 if they are not included into one of the parents’ foreign passport. Besides, the photos of children since the age of 5 are to be glued into the parent’s passport.
According to item 4 of State Border Crossing Regulations for citizens of Ukraine adopted by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers № 57 issued on the 27th of January, 1995 ( and amended with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers № 724 issued on the 25th of August 2010) departure of citizens of minor of Ukraine abroad is done:
in case of producing documents or their notarized copies:
1) the other parent’s death certificate;
2) court decision on parental rights deprivation;
3) court decision on recognizing one of the parents as missing obscurely;
4) court decision on recognizing one of the parents legally ineffective;
5) court decision on permission for the citizen of Ukraine under the age of 16to travel without one of the parents’ consent or accompaniment;
6) child’s birth certificate issued by the Civil Acts Registration Office with specification of all the grounds including all information about parents according to Part 1 Article 135 of Family Code of Ukraine (when a child leaving Ukraine for abroad is accompanied by a single mother).
Children of Ukraine's going abroad peculiarities
to the Russian Federation: according to the Agreement between the government of Ukraine and the government of the Russian Federation as to the circumstances of mutual trips of citizens, children – citizens of Ukraine under the age of 16 may cross the state border having a birth certificate;
to the Republic of Belarus: children – citizens of Ukraine may cross the state border having a child’s travel document or with the foreign passport of one of the parents, into which they are written down and accompanied by them.