On December 4, 2013 the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted the Resolution № 884 "On confirmation of sufficient financial provision for foreigners and persons without citizenship travelling to Ukraine, residing in Ukraine, transit travelling through the territory of Ukraine, leaving the country and determination of the amount of this provision. " The resolution came into force on December 19, 2013.
Foreigners and stateless persons to enter Ukraine, reside in Ukraine, transit through the territory of Ukraine and leave the country to another State, unless another is provided by law, should have the monetary funds amounting to 20-fold of the subsistence minimum per person per month, set in Ukraine on the day of their entry into Ukraine.
According to Article 7 of the Law of Ukraine "On State Budget of Ukraine for 2013" subsistence minimum per person per month from December 1, set at 1176 hryvnia (UAH).
If the period of stay of a foreigner or stateless persons in Ukraine is more or less a one month, the amount divided by arithmetic number of days of the month (30 days) and multiplied by the planned number of days (to this amount is added five days), namely:
FP = (( 20 x Smin )/30 ) x ( ND+5)
Where: FP - adequate financial provision;
Smin - subsistence minimum per person per month;
ND - planned number of days of staying in Ukraine.
In accordance with Article 21 of the Law of Ukraine "On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons" availability of financial provision or guarantee of its availability can be confirmed by following:
1) cash in national currency of Ukraine or in convertible foreign currency;
2) a document that indicates the amount of funds, which will can be withdrawn in banks of Ukraine;
3) cards of international bank payment with a statement from the bank account of the applicant, confirming availability of cash;
4) document that confirms the booking or housing, payment for provision in Ukraine;
5) contract for travel services (voucher);
6) letter of guarantee of person who invited a foreigner or a stateless person regarding the assumption of liabilities on paying all costs related staying on the territory of Ukraine and leaving Ukraine;
7) ticket to return to a country of origin, country of residence or third country.
Control over the availability of sufficient financial provision for foreigners and stateless persons who travel to Ukraine, reside in Ukraine, transit through the territory of Ukraine and leave the country to another country or the opportunity to receive adequate financial provision in a legal way in Ukraine is carried out in:
1) Diplomatic missions and consular offices of Ukraine while issuing visas to Ukraine;
2) checkpoints on the state border during border control;
3) Territorial bodies of State Migration Service of Ukraine during extension of staying on the territory of Ukraine and the issuing of invitations for foreigners and stateless persons to obtain a visa to enter Ukraine.